Friday, September 19, 2014

My heaven

This shawl, you guys, this shawl... Wow. It's been a long time coming - I cast on in the summer of 2012!

I wanted something complicated as a contrast to a garter stitch project I had started at the same time, and complicated is truly what I got. That edging was no walk in the park! I had not one, but two lifelines in my knitting until that edging was done, and I needed them both on a couple of occasions... In contrast, the main body was done in three intensive knitting days.

It's big and airy, with incredibly open lace, a challenging edging and a much easier main body. I loved this project even though it had many long rests. Tricky thing to photograph too, I can't seem to get the colour right in any of my pictures. It's darker and less pink than in the pictures below.

 I did a few modifications to the pattern, but I won't bore you with it here. Have a look at my Ravelry page for the details.

Post-blocking measurements: 85 cm from neck to corner, 170 cm across. Bigger than anticipated, and I still feel like I could stretch it just a little bit more. Blocked to a round-ish triangle. Love the result! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)