Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gro Sofie 29 years

After struggling for ages to find apricot coloured papers in my stash I finally gave up and pleaded my friend for a different colour suggestion... White, silver and pale pink was her second choice, and what a relief. Those are colours I have more than enough of. ;) What kind of colour is apricot anyway? Everything I had was eiter too pink or too orange...
-
The big white flower is from North Star Stamps, the other flowers and leaves from Kort og Godt and Prima. Silver spacers and flat-backed pearls seemed like an obvious choice to complement the colours in the silver printed vellum and pink paper. The center panel is Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock embossed with my CB and sanded to reveal its core colour. I stamped the text "You are the world's greatest!" in Distress Tattered Rose on pink cardstock to mimic watermark stamping, and I think it looks ok now. That was one of my friend's requirements for this card, but in my excitement of having workable colours again I almost forgot about the whole thing, silly me.
-
Lots and lots of flowers - large and small, buds and in full bloom. I love making these clusters, and keeping it in white and pale pink colours made this one so light and airy. If you think attatching vellum is a chore, here's a tip for you: if your vellum has a printed pattern that is completely opaque (like this one), it's possible to put a tiny dab of glue directly under the pattern without it showing on the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)