Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25th - Christmas Day

When making this layout I decided to keep it very simple as this one is intended to stay displayed for several days to follow, and I wanted the lyrics of this song to be the focus of attention. It is, without question, my very favourite christmas song! The melody is wonderful, and the lyrics thoughtful and relevant to both the historical aspects of christmas and our modern world. Unfortunately it's not that well known - a Spotify search only yielded two hits, neither of them quite my style. I guess I'll just have to sing it myself then. ;) But if you're interested, here are the links to an instrumental version and one with vocals.
-

Just four layers and the last pieces of a luxurious lace ribbon. Some stickles and a stamp of a peace dove and that's it.
-
Here are the lyrics in close-up for my Norwegian readers. I won't even try to translate. I'd never do them justice.
Merry Christmas to you all!
-
Papers: Maja Design Vintertid: Varma Kläder, Making Memories Pearl Swirl I Do, Core'dinations Vintage
Embellishments: Unknown peace dove stamp
Other: Stickles Star Dust, silver ink pad

1 comment:

  1. JA, det er en nydelig sang og tekst Eva...
    GOd jul til deg og dine

    juleklem fra Angella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)