Monday, December 21, 2009

December 21st - A little spark of madness


This layout is actually one of the first five layouts I've ever made. Oddly enough, it's also one of my favourites! Funny that - it seems that the success of my layouts is more due to the luck of the draw than an accumulation of experience. Or maybe this was simply beginner's luck. ;) Either way, I'm pleased with this one and it makes me feel like christmas is already here.
-
The wacky pictures in this layout are a part of some experimenting I did the first christmas I had my DSLR and when I found this quote I knew instantly that it would be the perfect companion! It also resonates with my thinking when I started this project - it was madness! I still have trouble believing I actually did it... ;) Totally unrelated: I snipped these metal buttons off of a pair of worn-out trousers. I love upcycling!
-
Lots of details in this layout. When I saw the McGill branch punch I couldn't resist it. It makes a nice background detail even when the embellishment used is not a flower.
-
Another little sentiment that found its way onto this layout. As you can see, I used buttons and Liquid Pearls as centers for all the Prima flowers - the red buttons are meant to resemble the red baubles visible in the photos.
-
Papers: Basic Grey Wassail Snow Dust, Making Memories sentiment overlay
Embellishments: K&Co rub-on, Art Warehouse rub-ons, Prima flowers, Kort og Godt charms/metal ornament and ribbon, Papirloftet bling brad, misc. buttons, QK Moxie SkinniMini

Other: Liquid Pearls White Opal, Stickles Star Dust, buttons from stash, Glimmermist Old Lace and Meadow Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)