Friday, December 18, 2009

December 18th - Gingerbread house in the making


We don't always make a gingerbread house for christmas anymore, so I love that I got to document this one. I've managed to use some different colours than most of my other layouts and I think these suit the pictures well. That typical orange tinge of indoor evening images doesn't go well with most of my papers so it took a bit of searching to find the right mix!
-
Lots of layers! Even a ribbon serves as a frame here. The little felt arrow is a cute detail - directing attention to the number 18, and simultaniously indicating the transformation from dough being cut in one picture to finished gingerbread pieces in the next.
-
The few overlays in my stash are much loved but rarely used... I find it tricky to find fitting techniques to attatch it, but this one is easy. I've simply put liquid craft glue directly under the brown print, and it's completely invisible!
-
The die-cut swirls on the corner of the pictures echo the swirls on the overlay. The lovely MS border punch fits this theme nicely, I think.
Check back tomorrow for the finished house! :)
-
Papers: Basic Grey Fruitcake: Gingerbread/orange peel, Hambly Urban Chic Frames overlay
Embellishments: MS doily lace border punch, Kort og Godt ribbon, BossKut swirl, QK Moxie SkinniMini, unknown felt arrow
Other: White ink pad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)