Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 17th - Snow lantern


So many of the pictures taken at night, especially in winter, have a strong orange colour - this one included. Being much more fond of blue colours, I simply shifted the colour tone to this lovely blue before printing it. Easy peasy. :) Making snow lanterns like this outside my window is something I really miss - I guess living in an appartment on the first floor has its disadvantages. ;)
-
I let the die-cut swirls move both under and over the chipboard snowflakes (covered in glitter - of course). It helped to create some movement and dimention to this otherwise quite flat layout.
-
The stamp says "Snowflakes are just unassembled snowmen". I risked stamping it directly onto the pattern paper and regretted it almost instantly! It didn't show very well so I quickly poured embossing powder over it but it didn't fix the problem completely. Notice the pattern on the snowman's scarf - I realised I had a scrap of that very same pattern paper and punched the numbers out from it! :) Instant match!
-
Papers: Maja Design Vintertid: Se det snöar, Maja Design paper scraps, Making Memories Pearl Swirl I Do, Bazzill Bling
Embellishments: Scrap FX chipboard snowflakes, Revolution swirls

Other: Penny Black sentiment stamp, silver embossing powder, silver glitter, Martha Stewart Arched Lattice border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)