Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16th - A window full of stars


"A window full of stars" is a take on a Norwegian children's song called "A heaven full of stars" - I couldn't resist using it as a title for this image. ;) The background pattern paper is very dark and I chose to use a lot of warm orange colours as a bright contrast.
-
The Prima Times Alphas were "gilded" with a gold ink pad and some home-made "glimmermist" made from water and Perfect Pearls Bronze powder. This was actually the first layout where I used these chipboard letters, and I've come to love them very much. In case you haven't followed this calendar from the beginning I should say again that I first made all the layouts and then arranged them in a suitable order, so the oldest are not nescessarily the first ones in the calender...
-
This old song is so cute and fits the theme of the layout perfectly. I'm unable to properly translate it and Google Translator doesn't really help either. The magic is lost in translation...
-
QK die-cut stars embossed with Cuttlebug embossing folders and sanded so the lighter core of the Core'dinations vintage cardstock shows. I love the effect of these!
-
Papers: Kreativ Hobby Vinterdrøm: Vinternatt, 7Gypsies Gypsy Market Paper: Herne, Papirdesign Julens Sanger, Core'dinations vintage
Embellishments: Chipboard cover from a Melissa Frances notebook paper pad, Tim Holtz ticket, Prima Times Alphas, Cuttlebug star embossing folders, ribbon scrap
Other: Glimmermist Old Lace, Prima swirl stamps, Distress Inks Walnut Stain, Gold ink pad, Perfect Pearls Bronze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)