Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13th - Lucia

The idea I wanted to convey with the Lucia layout was light breaking out of darkness. That is, after all, a main theme of the Lucia celebration! So I found this very dark, almost black, pattern paper and cut it to a frame surrounding bright, warm yellow colours.
That's me as a deeply concentrated Lucia in the picture, taken in 1986 (uh-oh, I realise I'm letting my age slip here). ;) I scanned it from my parents' photo album, removed scratches and other imperfections, straightened, cropped, and reprinted it. The difference really was amazing!
-
The Prima Alphas have been put to good use again! After a bit of trial and error I realised that by tearing off the top shiny layer I could cover them in any colour with ease.
-
I've brought out the glitter again! Yellow, orange and a touch of red in the middle made for a nice flame, while Liquid Pearls simulated running candle wax.
-
Papers: Reminisce Northern Exposure Frosted Window, Core'dinations vintage
Embellishments: Scrap FX chipboard candles, Prima Times Alpha chipboard letters, Kort og Godt lace, QK Eliza Mini, unknown bling, Art Warehouse rub-ons
Other: Liquid Pearls White Opal, Twinklin' H2O's Lemondrop, Perfect Pearls: Pearl and Interference Red, MS Arched Lattice border punch

1 comment:

  1. Helt underbart! Koncentration är viktigt när man har en sådan viktig roll som Lucia! Önskar dig en härlig vecka! Anki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)