Monday, September 7, 2009

New direction

I've managed to do one of the much dreaded man-cards... And it turned out quite unlike what I had planned - as usual. ;) The card is big - 15cm x 21cm!
-
This is for a colleague who's leaving for a new job. We're sad to see him go! As his life is taking a different direction, I had an initial idea using road signs, but it morphed into arrows and a compass rose. The stamp has a nice sentiment but I added the "Good luck on the way forward" in QK Moxie letters because I felt it needed a bit more. All the letters were a great way to fill the space too... *lol*
-
Saturday was the day for shopping! And there are a few new things used on this card: The compass rose stamp, the ribbon punch, one of the ribbons - and last but not least the "Good times" rub-on. Having been disappointed with some of the rub-ons I've bought recently, these were a wonderful surprise. Really good quality! They came from a Rub-On Swatch Book from Art Warehouse. I'll definitely buy more of these if I get the chance! :)
-
I've managed to get a few challenges into this card. Allsorts are asking for something for the boys. That fits nicely with Everybody Art and Creative Inspirations, who are both asking for blue and brown cards.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Eva what a wonderful card, love the images. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eve

    I really like this card, the blues and blacks work so well with the image. And big sounds good, that way everyone can sign it.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Eve
    This is a great card. Love the design and the colour combo is perfect.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.
    TTFN
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herlig guttekort, Eva. Det motivet er virkelig perfekt til formålet. Og farger og pynt er flott.
    Takk for at du er med på utfordringen vår.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eva

    I love your male card.

    So much to look at and admire. A real piece of inspiration.

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)