Tuesday, June 23, 2009

#100 (and welcome summer!)

Wow, it's hard to believe that this is my post number 100! I haven't even been blogging for half a year... One day short of five months to be exact. I dedicate this post nr. 100 to SUMMER! Welcome! :)
-
I saw this sketch at Trykkpressa a long time ago and promptly forgot all about it. Then it reappeared in my mind yesterday, and today I had the idea of making it look like a window overlooking the sea. And now, having made the card, I feel like the sketch was made especially for me and my idea... Although I might have used a little creative licence with it. ;) But somehow I couldn't have done it any other way! This card also deserves to be entered to the ABC Challenge, where they're asking for cards about summer.
-
The window frame was cut from Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock and lightly sanded to give the impression of old, weather-worn wood. I didn't have matching Core'dinations regular cardstock, so my turqoise Bazzill was carefully treated with a white pencil to give a similar look. I chose the colours not only because of the DP, but also because they make me feel like summer right away! The Mamma Mia movie uses a lot of these colours as well... ;)
This card is all about layers and dimention, so I paper pieced the wrapping around the stack of books twice and highlighted it with a white pencil. The sail boat charm was a last minute addition, but I think it looks good there!
-
To everyone out there: have a warm, bright, sunny summer!

4 comments:

  1. Aldeles nyyyyyydelig kort!!!
    Knallstilig og nydelig med gardinen!!!
    Klem fra Jannhild

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. For et stilig kort!! Aldeles nyyydelig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For en idé...utrolig lekkert kort:)

    Angella

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)