Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hege 29 years

Another last-minute sketch challenge entry, this time from Truly Scrumptious. I might have been a little too late to enter the draw, but I'm note sure about the time difference and all that stuff... This is my kind of sketch - simple, clear, unfussy. As you can see, I've taken the "spots, circles and dots" theme very seriously. ;) The wonderful papers are Jillybean Soup - 100% recycled!
-
I decided that the card needed something to contrast all the straight-edged, right-angeled symmetry, so the jumbled QK Katie Classic letters gave it a bit of personality. I was almost done before I realised that it lacked that little extra kick, so I used a red sewing thread to make a kind of frame around it all, and that made a huge difference!

A plain and simple inside, this time too. You can see the red sewing thread again, from making the "frame" on the front.

I used elements from the sketch to give a Toffifee-box a simpler design in a more neutral colours. The inside tray is nice and sturdy, so I covered it in a thin pattern paper so Hege can put other kinds of chocolate inside it later on.

2 comments:

  1. Guri så flott det ble! :D
    Det gjorde seg virkelig med den røde tråden rundt, altså! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alt dette er MITT nå!! Hehe :)

    Tusen takk, kjempefint kort og sjokoladeeske :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)